Sunday, January 03, 2016

NFL picks - week #17

Last Week - 10 - 6
Overall - 130 - 110

First of all, I have to lead with this little tidbit:



These are screen shots of my fantasy team. That's right! I won! I won! First year out and I won in fantasy! Whoo Hoo! Kicked ass. And I wish I could say something to that smart mouth opponent who I know was directing comments to me regarding my player selection. Uh huh, buddy, where are you in the rankings? Huh? Not first! Because I am.

I'm pretty proud of that win. I drafted not knowing what I was doing. I overcame lots of injuries with my players. I'm a football guru in my mind. Just had to share.

Okay, on to my picks.

Atlanta over New Orleans - This is a coin toss, but Atlanta just seems to want to play now that the season is ending.

Jets over Buffalo - Okay, the Jets lose and the Steelers win and the Steelers are in the playoffs. Are the Jets really going to lose?

Chicago over Detroit - Yeah, have no idea why I made this pick.

Cincinnati over Baltimore - The Ravens only care about beating the Steelers.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - Not even worried that we won't come out to play this week. We will. But this most likely will be it for the season. Unless we have a miracle and the Jets lose.

Washington over Dallas - This is a good one to get warmed up for the playoffs.

Indianapolis over Tennessee - I don't know. Apparently the Colts are in the hunt for the playoffs, but then again, are they? And then there is the rumor that Jim Irsay will clean house after today. Will the players want to win the last one for their coach?

New England over Miami - Snore.

Philadelphia over Giants - Lets see how the Eagles do without their coach Chip Kelly who was fired earlier this week.

Houston over Jacksonville - The Texans are also a possibility for the playoffs. Jacksonville? Who knows anymore.

Denver over San Diego - Sigh. The Chargers. I have no faith they can help the Steelers.

Kansas City over Oakland - Same here with the Raiders. The Chiefs want this.

Arizona over Seattle - This should be a fun game. I hope it turns out to be a good game. Cardinals are more solid than the Seahawks.

St. Louis over San Francisco - I keep forgetting that the 49ers are even still playing.

Carolina over Tampa Bay - Cam Newton had a son on Christmas Eve and all of his teammates say he is just happy and full of new energy. The Bucs? Not so much.

Green Bay over Minnesota - Yep, must have had too much Evan Williams when I made this pick. WTH?



No comments: