Saturday, January 02, 2016

New Year's Resolutions 2016

My family has made resolutions starting with the year 1989. Unfortunately those were lost, but I have every resolutions from 1990 on file. While we did not read through the years and laugh and share this year (it was late and people were tired and we had another project still left to do) we did make our 2016 resolutions. Here are the five things I decided I needed to work on this coming year. It is amazing how many of them are recycled from previous years. Are we never satisfied?

  • To get into a routine with my physical therapy exercises and to have massages - I did twelve rounds of physical therapy in October and November and by golly it did help my back and my piriformis muscles. Part of the therapy was a massage on my muscles and back and now one side of me is cured. Perhaps continuing with the exercises and added a full body massage monthly or so will cure my all together. I believe!
  • To be serious about getting healthy; lose weight, exercise regularly, swim - At first these were separate, but the more I thought about it the more I realized they are together. I must get the weight down and exercise, whether at the gym or in a pool, to be healthy and to help with the first resolution. 
  • To celebrate people's birthdays via my blog - For years getting cards out on time was a huge resolution, but for some reason it doesn't happen. I remember everyone's birthday, but sending cards, not buying them because I do that, but sending cards is a problem for me. I always have some excuse so this year I shall celebrate everyone on my blog. Which will be the same as not receiving a card because few people read my blog. Hmmmm....
  • To scan all my photos and organize them on the computer - This photo thing was an old resolution only it was to organize them, and I finally did. I conquered this one, but now that I've made photo books this Christmas I realize all of these pictures are little gems that people do care about. So I shall scan them all and get them on a file, disc, or jump drive for...prosperity! 
  • To work on myself mentally - I am a worrier and my own worst enemy in my head. I want to tone down the negativity and embrace more positivity. Life is hard with ups and downs, and I have to learn I can't control a lot of it. 


No comments: