Sunday, February 28, 2016

Keepsakes - Housekeeping Business

My new couches, my Birthday-Christmas-Valentine-Present, are here! Not here here, but here in Ft. Meyers which made me wonder why the sales lady would call Tom and say, "You're couches are here!" I mean, I don't live in Ft. Myers. But this is all beside the point and my post for tomorrow.

Today's post is a keepsake memory that I found when rearranging and cleaning the Steelers room in preparation for the old couches which will be moved into there when the new couches arrive. I spent all of Saturday and half of Sunday clearing and cleaning out closets, boxes, trunks, furniture, etc. Somewhere in all of that cleaning I found this piece of paper folded up between pictures. I almost threw it out, but something stopped me, thank goodness, and I opened it up to find this handwritten note:
***

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for purchasing the Basic Touch-up Package from the American Society of House Fairies. This package included:

  • Vacuuming of the entire house
  • Sweeping and mopping of non-carpeted floors
  • Dusting of all furniture and reachable knick knacks.
  • Cleaning of all picture frames, glass, and glass doors
  • General bathroom cleaning
  • General kitchen cleaning
As part of our valued customer appreciation program for all new clients, we performed some extra duties not included in the Basic Touch-up Package. These duties were performed free of charge and included:
  • Aesthetic and symmetrical arrangement of knick-knacks.
  • Minor repair of master bathroom toilet.
  • Organization of messaging center including wall mounting of telephone.
We hope you have enjoyed the services of our house fairies. For information on all our packages including our Super Duper You Can Eat Off The Floor Package please contact our customer service department at 800-976-DUST. Mention "Mother's appreciation of daughter and friend's efforts" and receive a free household ceiling fan cleaning upgrade on your next package of $59.50 or more.

Once again we appreciate your business and Welcome Home.

Sincerely,

Dawn Swiffer
President ASHF

***

And then at the bottom was this beautiful drawing with an * that read *Your house fairies for this package were Cara and Kelly. Tipping Welcomed.


Apparently this was something we did for my mom when she returned from her summer in Indiana maybe? I laughed and then I threw it on my desk saying out loud something Kelly's mother told us after we entertained her with one of our great adventure stories, "You two wasted your talent."

No comments: