Thursday, February 11, 2016

Old pictures - Random Theme

This whole birthday shout out thing, along with my New Year's Resolution to scan my photos, has taken me back in time. The cool thing about finding these little gems is the fact that I've reconnected with several of the people in these photos via social media. At some point when I have everything organized I'll have to post them for all to see. In the meantime, those that read my blog and support me by doing so will get first peek!


This is my brother and I with our next door neighbors from Pennsylvania. I have 1973 on the back of the picture, but have absolutely no idea where we are or what we are doing although it appears we are hiking in some woods. I love my striped tunic shirt with the belt. That shirt is coming back by the way.


This is 1974 (I know because my dad wrote that on it) and my brother and I are in a tree at my Aunt Helen's farm. I vaguely remember this time and only because it went along with trying to get me on a horse too. I think my dad had to help me get into the tree and most likely manipulated me to do so since tree climbing and heights was not my forte.


When I did the birthday shout out to my cousin Maya I was looking for a certain photo of her first trip to our house. It was not with my pictures, but yesterday I found them in an old photo book boxed away. This was 1980 I think.


This goofball is my SIL at Don Mattingly's bar in our hometown. I think this may have been her rehearsal dinner? Not sure about that.


I have tons of birthday party pictures. I'll have to have that a theme next time. This was my brother's birthday in 1979 with the neighbor kids. Love those glasses I'm wearing.


2 comments:

Barry said...

Who is Jill in the bday picture? I can't remember any Jill from the Pine Creek Drive days. I don't remember a Highland team called the Pirates either!

cmkerwin said...

I think she is Jill Miller? The kid of the people who bought Freeman's house next door to us. Rob Miller is her brother sitting next to her.