Sunday, February 07, 2016

Super Bowl Pick

Ah, the final day of football season. The big game. A newbie team against an oldie team. An aging quarterback against one just entering his prime. A great defense against a great offense. For the first time in a long time I care, but I don't care. I like both teams. I like both quarterbacks. For sentimental reason I want to see Peyton Manning ride out with a Super Bowl win on the 50th anniversary of the game if only to shut up those critics who believe worth is measured in how many rings are on the finger. For annoyance reasons I want Carolina to win because John Elway gets on my nerves and he thinks this game is all about him. I would love to see a great game that isn't one sided.

How bad does Manning want this game? If it is great he needs to step up and be the Peyton Manning of old. The defense needs to crush this Panther offense. I suppose I lean more heavily toward the Broncos, but I'm not sure I'm feeling it. Perhaps I too am caught up in Manning's lack luster performances in the big game. Perhaps I am too caught up in Cam Newton's arm and rushing ability and sheer joy of the game. Maybe I'm secretly pulling for the Panthers because Denver has already won several rings. Or perhaps it is that my daughter now resides in the state of North Carolina (and had no clue the Panthers were even in it). Either way....

Carolina over Denver

Or wait...

No comments: