Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Out of the mouths of strangers

Sitting in a car wash waiting for the car to be detailed, I was sitting next to this lady who was on the phone with AAA trying to get her car towed. 

Woman: "Honey, please, stop asking me those questions. The answers are no. Yes, I understand that you have to ask these questions, that you have a job to do, but I just need you to send someone out to tow my car. No. No. No. All of the answers are no. Honey, I'm not asking you to perform surgery. I just need my car towed. No. No. No. Fine. Fine. If that's how you have to do it. Fine. Of course. Thank you." Hangs up.

Me: "My goodness. That seemed complicated."

Woman: "I just want AAA to tow my car to my son's repair shop, but she wants to send out a diagnostic man to determine if the battery is dead. I said, "Honey, the battery isn't dead. I don't need a diagnostic test." But she kept insisting they check this and that on the car. I said, "The car is dead." And then because she obviously wasn't very bright I spelled it for her, "DED Dead! The car is dead!"

No comments: