Sunday, May 21, 2017

Graduation hell week

This week was crazy. I was going to start off with it was the week from hell, but there was a lot of good about this week on top of the craziness and so I didn't think it said what I wanted to convey, but trust me it did kind of. Bottom line was I had no time to blog. Frankly, I had no time to sleep. Which, for me, was the worse thing about the entire week. This is what I look like today after this week:


I need sleep, a haircut, sleep, an eyebrow wax, sleep, and more sleep. I'm not sure when I will get it, but I dream about it when I catch three minutes of a nap while on the toilet, at stoplights, and when people are talking to me. I've learned to nap like that with my eyes open. It's pitiful, but enough whining. Let's dig even further into my week, or maybe two weeks because this did start prior. I sort of wrote about it last week.

  1. Husband went to NC to move daughter home from college. I had full time dog responsibility.
  2. Daughter began her IB exams. She was cranky. I walked around on egg shells, but apparently, according to said daughter, I was a raving bitch who didn't understand her stress level. Oops.
  3. I proctored several days of IB exams. Days of sitting quietly. No talking.
  4. I am currently, after six years, leaving our high school and the organization that I helped build. As secretary I had 34567,000 jobs and responsibilities and containers of paperwork. I have to get that organized and ready to pass on by next week. After....
  5. I finish out two meetings. And...
  6. I plan and help host an IB senior celebration for 140 people at a venue on Monday.
  7. Company arrived on Sunday. No, they arrived on Monday at 3:00 a.m. due on Allegiant Air. No more needs to be said. 
  8. Company, that was originally thought to be one person, became two people. Surprise! (That actually was a nice surprise and I was thrilled)
  9. Daughter graduated on Wednesday.
  10. We attended, and still have three more today, 456,000 graduation parties.
  11. We had daughter's graduation party for 50 people at my house.
But the main part of the week was the fact that we did not go to bed earlier than 3:00 a.m. EVERY NIGHT. Every night, people! We acted like we were college kids again partying studying. For me, I spent most of my days getting ready for all of the above mentioned items so staying up into the wee hours was when I got to enjoy my company. In hindsight, yeah, it wasn't what I should have done. So forgive me for my lack of blogging. Rest assured though, I have a lot of entries coming up!

1 comment:

A simple life said...

I think we need to add...hunger to the list. You don't eat enough, remember?
I loved the visit. So much fun and so many laughs. Can't wait to come back...maybe I'll tell you before hand!