Saturday, May 13, 2017

Week review

This has been a hard week. What I thought was going to be a laid back, get shit done, relaxed week was NOT. I hate when the expectations aren't the reality, but that's why we have liquor, right? Or lately, in my case, Starbucks. Here's a round up of our past week.

  1. IB exams and an unhappy, grouchy, stressed out daughter - The youngest has exams until the day of graduation, and boy, is she not happy about that. I tip toe around her and bite my tongue when she starts that "I hate IB" mantra. She is over high school now and ready to move forward to the next phase. At this rate, so am I.
  2. THE DOG - This has to be said in capitalization because, people, OMG! He has seriously shredded every nerve I had that wasn't snapped by the unhappy, grouchy, stressed out daughter. He refused to walk. He refused to poop until he just couldn't hold it any longer. He would tell us he need to go out and then he would plop down in the sun and would refuse to get up. He got me up every day at 6:30 after only a few hours of sleep because I didn't want to go to bed until the before mentioned study for exams daughter did. The blue hollow look under my eyes is currently scaring people.
  3. Parties - I am in charge of the IB senior celebration, an event I helped put on two years ago when Maddy graduated. I begged. I pleaded. I asked the committee of seniors to please get started back in January on the planning, but did they listen? Now of course, I am running around town trying desperately to get this stuff done. I have one week left for that, but prior to that party is Darcy's party which I was hoping she wouldn't want. We have 7653423 parties to attend this year because my kid has tons of peeps. I'm already worn out, and I haven't even gone to one yet.
  4. RSVP - People, I get that this translates into a language (French) you might not understand, Répondez s'il vous plaît, but surely, by now you know it means respond to that invitation in your hand. No, it doesn't mean to respond only if you are planning to attend. It also means to respond if you aren't coming. AAAAHHHHHH. I have two parties that I need feedback from invitees, and every day I run out to the mailbox or open up email to check these responses, and yet, I STILL HAVE PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T RESPONDED. Even with a stamped return envelope. Seriously? This needs to be taught in grade school.
  5. Eldest daughter moving home - I sent Tom to NC to pack and bring home the kid. I tried to organize this thing months ago, but my husband, yeah, you know. So he would call me while out in the hallway of the dorms to gripe about said daughter and her "too much stuff". Meanwhile, daughter was in the dorm room texting me griping about her father and his "know it all attitude". Hilarious, but also annoying.
  6. THE DOG - The night before Tom and Maddy returned the dog got something stuck on the roof of his mouth. Kelly, thank god she was here, straddled the pooch, pried his jaws open and pulled it out. It was a pink foiled chocolate of some sort. I searched the house but came up with nothing. At 2:00  in the morning I thought it odd the dog was not in my bedroom with me so I got up to find him. I found him in the Steelers room choking again. I couldn't help him because I am not someone who puts her delicate, baby bottom smooth hands anywhere near animal jaws so I had to drag Darcy out of bed. It took her several tries, but she got the wrapped fun size Three Musketeers bar off the roof of his mouth. I searched the house again, but other than an empty Easter Egg which I took to be the missing one we couldn't find, I came up empty. The next morning when I didn't get up by 6:30 despite his howling he left my room, returned, and puked up a chocolate bar and wrapped in my closet. I'm convinced he has a hidden secret stash that he keeps to use when he wants to piss me off. So far he is winning.

No comments: