Wednesday, May 03, 2017

I will miss...no, I won't

Darcy's last day of school was Friday. Today she begins her IB exams that run until the day she graduates. As her last bit of childhood education winds down, I've been thinking about all of the things I will and won't miss.
  • Won't miss - rising at 6:00 a.m. - The worst ever. Our first week of high school I would fall asleep at stop lights while driving.
  • Will miss - extracurricular activities - Especially the sporting events and theater shows.
  • Won't miss - packing lunches - I will not miss coming up with ideas day after day after day.
  • Will miss - hearing all of the daily stories - I LOVE these. Keeps me young.
  • Won't miss - asking the question, "Do you have homework?" - Nope.
  • Will miss - learning the new lingo - Who will keep me in the know?
  • Won't miss - arguing with them about doing homework - Whoa, no more grouchy mom.
  • Will miss - routine - There is something to be said for this. 
  • Won't miss - projects - Ugh. The worst. Teachers do this just to annoy parents, I truly believe this.
  • Will miss - having kids in my house - I was the mom that had everyone at her house. I loved it. Hearing their laughter, joking with them, it was the best.
I got a bit weepy this morning, but for the most part I think I'm doing well. The fact that my daughter won't be far helps, I think. We shall see how I do come August.

No comments: