Friday, August 03, 2018

Dog Washing 101

When Madison was home, Tom and I took her to a new pet store that sprung up down the street from us. I had heard that they had a do-it-yourself pet washing station complete with all of the fixings, and because this is a job that I usually do by myself, I suggested we investigate. Elliot wasn't too keen, but he agreed once he realized he had no choice.


The store was small, with one area set up for pet washing. Three washing stations, depending on dog size, were available, and since we were the only ones, we used the biggest tub. There were different shampoos and conditioners and two sprayers, and Madison and I took over the washing detail while Tom hovered, telling Elliot what a good boy he was being. Elliot considered him a traitor.


When I wash him at home, he never smells like he's been to a groomer, but I usually don't dry him. This shampoo, infused with tea oil and other nonsensical ingredients, did leave him smelling nice--for about half an hour. There was a drying station, much like the vacuuming area of a car wash. That took three of us with Madison on dryer, Tom on towel duty, and me brushing. Elliot thought about bolting a few times, but he held it together and was rewarded with one of the treats the station had for good dogs.



Afterward, he got to explore the other animals housed at the store, and he really enjoyed all of the treats that were put at his eye level. We left the store with some new equipment, and then because we were on a roll, I made Madison brush his teeth when we got home. He's not so sure that having Madison visit is a good idea.


 Little does he know that Tom and I have decided the dog washing will now be a Saturday activity every other week, ha ha. 

No comments: