Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Social media queen

We recently got together with some parents and kids from Darcy's class at the school she attended from preschool to 8th grade. It was a small group, and as we caught up, the parents talked about different social media options. Most were on Facebook. A few were on Instagram. None SnapChatted or Tweeted. 

WHAT?

It was a good thing I was sitting between the kids' section and the parent section because obviously, I fit in with the kids. I mean, these parents didn't SnapChat. Or use Twitter. I had nothing in common with these people!

The kids, however, were impressed I was on all of these sites. One added me on his Twitter following. He wants to see my football tweets over the upcoming NFL season. I willingly gave that to him and followed him in return. Then I showed them my SnapChat streak.



That's 1000 days in a row with my SIL—a thousand days of sending pictures and updates to one another.

Those kids were blown away, and my cool status with the youngsters is still intact.

Darcy: (rolls her eyes) "Yeah, okay, mom."

But deep down...she knows. I'm cool. I'm a social media queen. Follow me, people.

No comments: