Thursday, August 23, 2018

First day photos


I don't care that my children are off to college. I insist on a "first day of school" picture. I've taken one most every year of their school careers. This year as the first day approached, I sent texts and SnapChats reminding them of their obligation to their mother.


Darcy started first, and I got the picture early in the morning as she headed off to class. After spending the summer at home, she is still in the mode of pleasing her parents, and she understands the benefits of keeping her parents happy.


Madison started the next day, and I did not receive a photo. Apparently, she sent it via SnapChat sometime during the day. She did this despite my reminder that I needed a picture texted to me from the CAMERA and not SnapChat. This is what a summer away from her parents has done--no need to please.

My friend and I rolled our eyes at the picture. What kind of a "first day of school" photo is this? With her headphones? Luckily, she must have thought that same thing because there was another picture behind that one.


Uh, yeah, not the best, and obviously taken some time after the first. Like, AFTER school had started. I texted this very thing, complaining I hadn't received her picture. She sent me to SnapChat where I had to take a photo of her photo to keep it for posterity. Then I mentioned the above.


Madison: "Here you go."

Me: "Much better. Thank you. But technically, you already had class."

Madison: "Listen. I have taken pictures after class most of my college."

Come Christmas, this child will be doing some BIG make-up on pleasing the parents--like daily.

May their year be filled with studying, laughter, learning, friendship, and happiness. Oh, and good food.

No comments: