Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas has kicked off

Christmas 2018 has officially begun in my house.

  • Tree up. 
  • House decorated. 
  • One kid home. 
Check, check, check.


There is no greater feeling than having my kids back in the house. The second one isn't scheduled for another week, sniff, sniff, but just having this one here has brightened my world. Tom's too. She has a month off and arrived last Wednesday night. She's demanding presents under the tree, home-cooked meals, and keeping me up late at night. She's already picked up her old babysitting job and earned some money. She's out with friends and bringing them home and the talking and the laughter...oh, be still my heart.

Tom and I had tickets to see a vocal group that Tom discovered a couple of years back. The group, Home Free, is an a cappella group with five guys and they are outstanding. They won The Sing-Off competition in 2013, and their group took off from there despite having been around since 2000. Darcy loves them too, and so we bought her a ticket the night of the show, and we all headed off for a fun Christmas show.


Only it wasn't very Christmasy, and Tom was disappointed that they didn't do a lot of his favorites. Darcy and I loved it. I was so-so about going, had a cocktail once I got there, and enjoyed not only the show but the venue--one of Tampa's oldest theaters. It was all music. No crazy decorations or stage props. No band. Just five guys singing and jawing with the audience. Tom thought it too pricey for what we got. He also doesn't like it when he arrives at a show and sees "old people." I think it's a come to Jesus moment for him.

Darcy: "I hate to tell you, Dad..."

But, it's Christmas, so we don't dwell on that blip. We're wrapping presents. Shopping. Playing Christmas music and dancing away here at the house. Christmas 2018 has officially begun. We're waiting for the rest of the clan, especially Maddy, to truly get down and get funky, but right now...best ending to the year!

No comments: