Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Cutting the loss

Darcy and the first college boyfriend are no more. It hasn't been an easy breakup, and it isn't my story to tell, but suffice it say, she's having a difficult time. It's hard to see your child when she is unhappy and miserable. I hate it.

It's also been a breakup for Tom and me. We liked the guy, and so we are going through a sense of loss as well, but as a mom, I'm more bitter. I'm not too happy about the way things were handled from the boy's end, and if truth be told, I'm disappointed in him. I wish I could believe that maturity will change him, and he'll act better next time, but after watching two friends go through a divorce and the hatred spewed by their exes, well, I'm not too hopeful that will come to fruition.

During the Thanksgiving holiday, while Darcy was home, she went off for a haircut. For what I thought was a trim, but instead was a "starting over" cut. She went from this:


To this:


I love this kid is a risk-taker, so to speak. Wash that man right out of your hair, girl! Or cut him out.

SueG: "He let something great get away."

Yep, that he did.

Next time I get to pick the guy.

Darcy: "Uh, no."

No comments: