Sunday, September 01, 2019

Hurricane prep

Hurricane season starts in the summer, but the prime months are September and October. In Florida, hurricanes are a way of life, and we all know the drill; stock up on supplies, check the generator, have plenty of gas, board up if necessary, field calls from the northerners, and check-in with the locals to make sure we haven't missed essential items.

I recently called my friend, who lives in the middle of the state. Thank god I did.

Me: "My problem is that we now have the water cooler, so I have to buy the gigantic water bottles that go on top of that thing. Since I'm not supposed to be lifting anything heavy due to medical reasons including currently only having one arm, this is posing to be a problem because the husband won't want any more jugs than what we already have."

Sharon: "Which is how many?"

Me: "One full and the one that is on the cooler now. It's almost gone. I'm not buying water bottles due to the damage those babies are doing to our oceans, so this is a huge problem for me. Even if I did buy water bottles, I'm not supposed to lift those things either."

Sharon: "I'm not even buying water. I bought bottles of wine. You can lift those, can't you?"

Problem solved.

No comments: