Sunday, September 08, 2019

NFL Picks 2019-2020

One hundred seasons of football. Think we'll have one hundred more like Jennifer Lopez said at the start of Fox NFL Sunday? After yesterday's fiasco, which took up my entire day, I'm starting to doubt that the league, as we know, will still be around ten years from now, let alone one hundred.

That being said...Let's play some football.

The first week is always the hardest and none more so than this year where everyone and their brother changed teams. I tried to keep abreast, but seriously after the tenth switch, I lost count of who went where so this week was pure guessing with maybe a few wishes thrown in.

Chicago over Green Bay - Was there a more boring opening game to the start of the NFL? Snoozefest. Worse than a pre-season game where at least the contenders are working for a job. These sure bet employees were rusty and unenthused. But it's still early so Bears and Packers fans can settle down.

Cleveland over Tennessee - This is the year of the Browns. That's the word on the street. Maybe, just maybe, this could be the city of Cleveland's year. If the curse doesn't raise its ugly head.

Baltimore over Miami - The Ravens picked up some guys. The Dolphins picked up some guys. The difference is Miami has injuries and are starting people who haven't had much practice with the team.

Atlanta over Minnesota - I'm going with the highest-paid WR thus far this year. Apparently, I'm in the minority.

Jets over Buffalo - Can the Bills shine more often than every other week this year? Can Le'Veon Bell be as good as he was at Pittsburgh (psst..check for drugs and watch the injuries)? Burning questions for teams no one really cares about except my late friend Patrick who bled green. I did this pick for him.

Philadelphia over Washington - Easy no brainer here if I'm going by last year.

Rams over Carolina - Is Newton healthy? His hair sure is. But I think the Super Bowl losers come out strong to rid that bitter taste from the start of 2019.

Kansas City over Jacksonville - Patrick Mahomes is my fantasy quarterback this year, so I might be a tad bias. Or maybe it's because I follow Eric Stonestreet on social media and see the Chiefs pics 24/7.

Chargers over Indianapolis - Who knows, even Indy knows what they're doing right now.

Seattle over Cinncinnati - Not sure that the Bengals did as much in the offseason as the rest of its division.

Dallas over Giants - Rivalry. I could care less. At least we know Zeke is in charge.

Arizona over Detroit - Toss-up. Flip a coin.

Tampa Bay over 49ers - I might have gone with the sentiment here.

Pittsburgh over New England - I'll be watching this one with the sound off. Because you know, it will only be about the AB saga and oh, boy, am I tired of that one. Good-bye to bad rubbish. He's Brady's problem now.

New Orleans over Houston - I'm told Brees and Company are the team to beat in the NFC. Okay, I'll bite this week.

Denver over Raiders - Well, I had the Raiders, and then yesterday happened. I changed my pick. But hey, they haven't had Brown at practice, so maybe I should stick with my first pick.

No comments: