Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Still Celebrating

Thanks to friends and family who called, texted, and emailed me their congratulations on the Steelers win! 6 wins for the Burgh!

  • My niece Gabby who texted me right after the win to remind me of my promise to send her a shirt if the Steelers won!
  • Kelly who called me to offer up congratulations even after sitting next to me for most of the entire game.
  • Chris and daughter Gabby who called and left me a congrats message.
  • My mother who came over today to offer up her congrats and to listen to me rehash the evening at my friends’ house. 
  • Sharon G. who emailed me with 5 seconds on the clock. Points off for mentioning giving the Cards credit for a good challenge. Who cares! But she did congratulate the Steelers.
  • My sister Sue who emailed me "Way to Go Steelers!"
  • My brother (this was a shocker!) who emailed me "Congratulations! The half-time show was Awesome!!! Oh, and the game was pretty good too!"
  • My neighbor, Howard, who emailed me the following: "Well, as you can imagine, I am eating crow today over giving you such a hard time about the Stinky ole Steelers. They lucked out and won the game yesterday. It was a really good game, and I could hear you cheering them all the way over here. Congratulations! And if you had taken my ten cent bet, today you would have had twenty cents to spend on something lavish. I should have been nicer. Your hard-nosed neighbor, Howard"
  • My friend Kim who emailed me to tell me she rooted for the Steelers all the way.
  • The kids (grades 4th - 8th) who couldn't wait to congratulate me, high-five me, and who just wanted to see my big smile.
  • Coach Jared who rooted for the Cardinals, but was man enough to congratulate me after all the crap he threw my way.
  • My sister-in-law Julie who called me and told me how much she enjoyed the game.
I appreciate the love everyone! It was a good season, a great Super Bowl, and I'm glad I have a few months to regroup.

No comments: