Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two month check into my New Year's Resolutions

I promised myself that I would keep better tabs on how I was doing in keeping my resolutions. I had hoped to do this assessment each month, but January got away from me. Probably, two months is better anyway. Let's see how I'm doing.....(scale 1-10 with 10 being the ultimate score)

  1. To work on being patient and to not react hysterically like my forefathers. New motto: "Let it go". Hmmm...I think actually I've done very well in this department. I've made sure to stop myself if I notice some hysteria and to count to five before continuing. I've even helped others "let go", but I'm sure my family might see this a tad differently. I'm giving myself a 7 on this one.

  2. To get back on my exercise track, lose 15 pounds, and live comfortably with my body however it may turn out. Yeah, okay that hasn't happened. I blame my workout buddy. It is all her fault. She isn't motivated. And my eye surgery put me down for two weeks. This is a 2.

  3. To get to the beach at least twice a month. This I accomplished in January thanks to having company, but February was way too cold! Today is perfect, but I have the eye thing....not a good idea right now. I'll call that a 5.

  4. To get birthday cards and gifts out on time. Okay, that wasn't an official resolution, but one I added on to my blog. I suck at this. I don't know what the problem is because I get hallmark reminders two weeks in advance. I'm determined to conquer this one. Right now it is a 2.
Total points: 16 out of possible 40.

I guess I have some work to do.....

1 comment:

Susan said...

Don't be so hard on yourself...I can't even remember my resolutions! Your whole eye thingy really screwed up things...now that it is in the past I have complete confidence in you that you will perform "10" in every catagory:)