Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Three years ago I heard from friends and family near and far wishing me luck with my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl. This year people haven't been showing me as much love, but the game is still a few hours away so I'm hopeful. So far I've received a few well wishes:
  • My friend Kelly has not only agreed to attend the Super Bowl party with me, but she wore my Polamalu jersey to work this past week on Super Bowl day AND went out and bought a Steelers shirt to wear to the party this evening.
  • My sister-in-law called this morning to wish the Steelers well.
  • My friend, Jyoti, offered to go with me this week to Tampa to see if we could spot a Steelers player despite the fact that football is not something she cares about.
  • My friend SueG hasn't called yet, but she will call me from work later tonight to wish me well. (I know this because she did this through the playoffs)
  • My neighbor Howard wished me well before adding that he was rooting for the Cardinals. He wanted to bet me a dime the birds would pull it out, but I let him know that the Steelers were bird hunting and since we had already taken care of the Ravens he might want to reconsider. By the time I was done with him he said he would pull for the Steelers.
  • Another friend texted me good wishes and a "Go Steelers".
  • My nephews in Chicago who said, "Go Steelers!" to the girls.
But my most favorite well wish came yesterday from my niece, Gabby. She sent me an email and after she finished saying what she wanted to say in the email she added this...... (don't tell my dad.......go Steelers!!!!!)
Gotta love that!!
GO STEELERS!


1 comment:

Susan said...

They did it!!!!! Gabby stayed up for the whole game!!!! She thought of you the whole game! We even made signs! Way to go STEELERS:)