Sunday, March 15, 2009

From the email box.....

Little funnies from the mouths of children:
  • "Our father, who does art in heaven, Harold is his name. Amen."

  • "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."

  • "And forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

  • After the christening of his baby brother, Jason cried and cried. When asked what was the matter he replied, "That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, but I want to stay with you guys."

  • When the Sunday school teacher asked the children why it was necessary to be quiet in church, one little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."

  • When the boys began arguing over who would get the first pancake, mother saw an opportunity for a moral lesson. "If Jesus were sitting here, he would say, 'Let my brother have the first pancake. I can wait'" Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus!"

  • When the kids discovered a dead seagull on the beach they asked their father what had happened. He explained that the bird had died and gone to heaven. The little boy thought about that and replied, "Did God throw him back down?"

  • At a family dinner with a few guests, the mother asked the little girl to say the blessing. "I don't know what to say," she said. Her mother smiled and said, "Just say what you hear Mommy say." The daughter bowed her head and said, "Lord, why did I invite all these people to dinner?"

No comments: