Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chaos

The start of Spring Break has brought me:
  • My mother in the hospital. Apparently, she picked up some E coli in her urine and the only antibiotic that will touch it must be given through a central line. She will be in there for a few days until the hospital has sucked Medicare dry and then she will go home with the central line and a home health nurse will come twice a day to administer the medication.


  • A dog. This is Piper and she belongs to a co-worker of my husband. The co-worker and family are going on a family vacation (hmmm....I think I've heard of those....) and my husband volunteered our services.

  • A four-month-old baby and a two-year-old. I invited my friend to visit with her two boys. That was way before I found out about the dog and the mother.

Seriously, we are trucking right along here at the house. My mother is pretty much on her own at the hospital. We call and visit in between dental appointments and swimming. We do keep her entertained with the household goings-on.

The dog is a dream so far. We have yet to hear her bark. I forget she is even at our house. If we leave the door open, she just stands and looks outside. She loves kids, turtles, babies and other dogs. What more could we ask for?

My friend fits right in with all the shenanigans at the house, and kissing her baby is worth all the weariness I have from following around a two-year-old boy.

So far Spring Break is off to a roaring start.....and we are only two days into it!

No comments: