Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Project #1- Steeler Mailbox

Each school year, I try to conjure up projects for myself to do while the girls are away at school. Every year most of them do not get finished, or for some, get started. I still have not finished Madison's baby photo album, and I've never started Darcy's.

Once I started a picture project where I sifted through my photos and boxed them according to dates and categories. I completed said task, but now there are more pictures to add, and where are they? Shoved into a drawer marked photos which, when full, they get dumped into an empty box labeled "photos to be filed."

This year my list of projects consists of finishing those baby albums, scanning all my slides, and preparing a hurricane kit. So far, I have not started any of these projects. My excuse is that I got sidetracked by this mailbox violation that I blogged about last month.

Last week my mailbox cover and flag arrived, and so today I went outside and put it all together. It took quite a bit of effort with Madison's help to get it all on straight and to get the flag attached. Once it was finished, my two neighbors, their dogs, and Madison and I stood around admiring it. But I spent too much time admiring it because I decided that the bottom half of the mailbox, nasty with rust, needed to be painted Steelers yellow. I added it for tomorrow's project. Here, for now, is what I have thus far accomplished.


Not bad for less than $25 considering the mailbox I really wanted was this one:

1 comment:

K Anne said...

It looks very nice.