Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's In There Wednesday

This week's topic is "What's In My Town". 

I've lived in Florida for 20 years, which is hard to believe when I think about it. The "town" I live in is sandwiched between several other small "towns", and while we have the same as everybody including Starbucks and a Walgreens and CVS on every corner, what we really have is water.
The Gulf of Mexico is five minutes from my house. The road that runs along the Gulf stretches for miles and goes through one town after another each one with a beach.

Where we can enjoy sunsets like this one.

Or just peace and quiet on the sand.



We also have water in our backyards. Most of the homes in my town have backyard pools to cool off in or to use as emergency water in the event of a hurricane.
Each town also has its own community pool which is open for recreation activities and for cooling off.

For a person who spent her young life submerged in the water, this town was made for me!

No comments: