Wednesday, October 07, 2009

What's In There Wednesday


Today's topic is "What's in your iPod or MP3 player".

I have an iPod Nano. It was given to me by my husband who always purchases technology for others when he really wants it for himself.

My iPod Nano is black. Hubby said he bought it in black to represent the Steelers. I whined about the cost. I wasn't sure I'd even use it.

Truth? It scared me. This newfangled technology.

How wrong I was. I love it.

It has a capacity of 7.41 GB. I figured out this means it can hold a certain amount of songs, but that it isn't the highest GB in Ipods. At the time I didn't think this would be an issue, but now I know how wrong I was. I almost have filled up my little Nano. I have 1,757 songs, 1 video, 55 photos and 3 games stored. And I have no idea where the games are located or what they even are, but it says all of this in my "About" section of the iPod.

In the beginning, I used my iPod when I worked out. Eventually, I realized that I could take it with me to grocery shop and that I wouldn't have to communicate with anyone. It's like living in my own little world and looking out at others in their strange world.

Here are my playlists:
  • 70's music - One of my favorite in this category is Top of the World by the Carpenters. It was a song that I enjoyed during my youth. I thought I sounded just like Karen Carpenter when I sang it in the privacy of my own room.
  • 80's music - Years ago on the television show Fame, I watched Valerie Landsburg perform I Need a Hero and decided that it was my anthem. Most of the time I lived inside of my head creating characters and places and stories. For some reason this song and the reason for Doris Schwartz's character singing it in the show made sense. Unfortunately, outside of Valerie performing it, I hadn't a clue who sang it and when I went to download it I found that Bonnie Tyler, Laura Branigan, and Pat Benetar had all recorded that song. So I have all three.
  • 80's/90's country - At some point during the 80's I turned to country music. I discovered Eddie Rabbitt first and purchased his album. The thing I like about country music is the story that it tells. Two of my favorites stories are I See You in a Different Light by Doug Stone and She's Crazy for Leavin' by Rodney Crowell.
  • 90's music - Love Joey by Concrete Blonde in this category. This song came out while I was working as a lifeguard here in Florida. I just loved the beat and the singer.
  • American Idol - Once they started downloading this music on Itunes I knew I had to make a playlist. I like You Had a Bad Day by Daniel Powter because I thought it a fitting song to play after someone got voted off.
  • Cara's Childhood LP's - This category is self-explanatory and my most favorite is Rupert Holmes' album with Answering Machine as my favorite.
  • Cara's 45's - I have all my 45's from my youth. I actually still have a record player to play them on too, but of course, I rarely do that. Instead, I downloaded most of them on to my iPod. I have 82 songs in this category. Each one of them has some story behind it. I've written musicals with a few of these songs that we acted out in my bedroom. There was Run, Joey Run by David Geddes....ah, so heartbreaking. There was The Rain by Oran "Juice" Jones where she got hers, that cheating slut. Rex Smith singing Sooner or Later from the book and movie. Seasons in the Sun and Billy Don't Be a Hero by Terry Jacks that we performed each July 4th celebration when all the neighborhood kids got together and performed for the parents. Night Ranger, Oak Ridge Boys, Orleans, and Billy Vera and the Beaters. Goodies. 
  • Cardio Music - This is the playlist that I work out too every day. You would think I would get bored, but so far I haven't. The one song that really makes me move is Barbie Girl by Aqua. I just want to seriously belt this baby out when I hear it.
  • Classic Country Singles - Again too many to just single out one. I love Tight Fittin Jeans by Conway Twitty, Meet Me in Montana by Marie Osmond and Dan Seals, Cornell Crawford by K.T. Oslin, and Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses by Kathy Mattea. And then there is Darlene by T. Graham Brown who I almost got to meet in person in Nashville a few summers ago and whose song makes Susan and me and laugh.
  • Cool Down Music - I realized that some of my cardio music really wasn't good for getting the old heart rate up so I put it into this category. Most of the music is some that I've discovered recently like Plain White T's, Adele and Corinne Bailey Rae.
  • Country Classics - Who doesn't love George Jones and Tammy Wynette?
  • Country Sunshine - This is an album my father had that I confiscated. I don't have all the music, but I love every song on it. My favorite is Bobby Bare with his son Bobby Bare Jr. singing Daddy What If. If that doesn't pull at your heart strings, then nothing will.
  • TV Songs - This is one of my favorites with theme songs from Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Starsky and Hutch, and so on and so on.
  • One Hit Wonders - Gotta be C.W. McCall's Convoy. My brother had this album and its another one that I have confiscated.
  • Today's Country Singles - Right now my favorite is Keith Urban's You Look Good in my Shirt.
  • Steelers - All songs related to the 6 time Super Bowl Champs.
  • Makes Me Happy - A little Jason Mraz, James Blunt, jaymay and Yael Naim.

1 comment:

K Anne said...

Nice article!