Tuesday, October 27, 2009

At home with a newborn

After taking Elliot for a walk, I stopped by the mailbox to pick up the mail, something I leave for Tom to do when he gets home at night. But I have high hopes of this being something I can send the dog out to do each day and thus I took him with me to begin his training.

Inside the box was a catalog for Bed Bath and Beyond along with more ads. Usually, these end up in the trash when they fall into Tom's hands so I happily took it the catalog poolside to peruse while Elliot chewed on things.

Inside the catalog I found all of these essential and important items that I must have:

  • This is a giant cupcake mold. You pour the batter into both sides and bake and then you frost the bottom and flip up the top and frost it. It would be the hit of all the kids' parties! Price: $29.99




  • And since I'm on a baking roll, how about adding this little beauty? A brownie pan where each piece is an edge? Price: Only $19.99


  • I'm currently shopping for a new dining room table so these cloths and napkins should come in handy when I finally purchase one. There were some other decorative tablecloths with leaves and such, but since I'm not cooking Thanksgiving dinner I'll wait for those until next year. Price: Only $19.99 for the tablecloth and $9.99 for 12 napkins

  • This was the first thing in the catalog that caught my eye. I need another strainer anyway, but how cool is this one with the cutting board over the sink. This is certainly something I need in my kitchen.  Price: Only 29.99


  • Once my library is converted into a dining room I shall have to move my two reading chairs. I'm thinking I should recover them in black and gold for my next project which is converting the playroom into my She Cave Steelers room. These little slipcovers just might be the answer! Price: Only $79.99 each! 
  • And wouldn't this look good in the corner of my new dining room? Although I am trying to get away from the dark wood in there. But the idea is a good one. Price: Only $99.99


  • Moving into the bedroom I saw this comforter set that would SO match my decor and I've always thought it would be good to have a back-up comforter, but I've had trouble finding just the right color.  Price: Only $199.99

  • And then, of course, I can't forget the new addition to the family. Once we start bathing him he will need one of these towels to dry off on. Price: Only 12.99



Total Shopping Price for today: $582.99...but the catalog also came with a 20% coupon!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Too funny....I looked at this ad last night and thought of you when I saw the "dog" clippers!!!! Love it all:) Where is your "what's in there Wednesday????" your blog is STILL not updating on my blog????? weird!