Monday, May 17, 2010

我必须学会中文

One of the things I liked about the Montessori school I chose for my girls to attend was that from the beginning they would learn Spanish. Living in Florida I thought Spanish as a second language was very important. So from the age of three both girls have taken a Spanish class.

Two years ago the school introduced Chinese. The first year it was just an extra class without a grade. This year they made it a real class with tests, homework, and quizzes. The teacher is from China and the stories that Madison brings back home are quite entertaining when you have that Chinese to English translation.

Several months ago I began getting Chinese comments from someone on my blog. I hadn't a clue what the symbols meant and figured it was a fluke that the person had found my blog in the first place. I ignored it. A few entries later he was back again. I then checked his blog out. It was in Chinese. I ignored him again.

Now I am regularly getting comments in Chinese from several different bloggers, but this time I have my daughter translate. Now I know what is being said, and frankly it doesn't usually have anything to do with what I'm writing about. So I looked through the help section of Blogger for a way to block these comments. That is when I found that other people are experiencing the same thing from "Chinese Spammers". Really? What are they getting out of that?

So thanks to the Chinese teaching at our school I thought I could get this message out: 如果您是实际上读和享受我的blog,只请评论。大多数我们为原因书写,并且愚笨的评论不帮助我们在任何情况下。 如果您严重感兴趣,我没有问题与读我的blog的您。 谢谢。

No comments: