Monday, May 31, 2010

Out of the mouths of my babe

Darcy: "Are you sure you want to go on this water ride? Your clothes will be soaked."

Me: "That's why I wore this skirt. Feel it. It is very fast drying."

Darcy: "Yes, but what about your shirt?"

Me: "Well, I wore this thin shirt. I think it will dry pretty fast."

Darcy: "But what about your underwear?"

Me: "Oh. I didn't think about that. Oh, well, I'll live with that."

We walk a few feet in silence.

Darcy: "Well, I did think about that. I brought you an extra pair of underwear."

Me: "You're kidding. You did?"

Darcy: "Yep. I brought you a pair, Maddy a pair, and myself a pair. Just in case."

Me: (hugging her) "Oh, Darcy, you are such a sweetie. I can't believe you thought of that. That is so thoughtful. You are such a little sweetheart."

We walk a few feet in silence with me almost skipping from the happiness of it all.

Darcy: "I brought it because I didn't want to listen to you gripe all the time about being wet like you always do after we get soaked on water rides."

Me: "Okay, that just killed the moment."

Darcy: "Sorry, but it's the truth."

3 comments:

Susan said...

I love it! They are so sweet sometimes and then they don't know when to quit! haha :))) Glad your undies were dry!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K Anne said...

LOL LOL LOL