Wednesday, May 19, 2010

TV this week

Lately my television viewing has caused me to want to blog things that have popped into my head. And since I have a blog....
  1. The finale of Survivor was annoying. Why or why couldn't Russell just continue playing the game? Why didn't he learn anything from his first Survivor experience? My theory is that had he had an opportunity to have some time away from the game someone would have said, "Listen buddy, we know you are the greatest, but you can't portray yourself that way to the jury. You have to go in there all humble and apologetic and lie your way to the million dollars. Then, after you win the title of Sole Survivor you tell them how you are the greatest, how you played the game better than anyone else, how you pulled everyone else along to get them where they are today, how you manipulated and lied and cheated, and how you kicked their asses!" Sadly, Russell played back to back games. I think it was too hard for him to leave the second game to fly in for the finale for the first game then fly back to the second game and think about what happened in the first game. He was too busy continuing his play of the second game for any down time to sift through it all. Thus the loss. I did think the three that made it to the end deserved being there. Kudos to Sandra.
  2. Dancing with the Stars last episode brought me to tears. I wasn't so keen on this season's cast, but because I was sickly intrigued by Kate Gosselin I watched. I'm glad I did. My two favorite pro men are in the final three. I've enjoyed getting to know the three final contestants, and, this I really hate to admit, I really like what I saw with the Bengals Chad Ochocinco. Not only is he flat out gorgeous, but the man is hilarious, kind, determined, and a contender. That being said, I agreed he was the one to leave as the other three deserved that third spot. Nicole and Derek and Evan and Anna all danced so beautifully that I had tears. Amazing that these stars who have never had dance experience end up able to do what they do.
  3. American Idol's final three lacked any star power. I was selfishly hoping that Big Mike would have made it to the final three so that the girls and I could have followed him around St. Petersburg on his journey, but after watching Casey just stand and sleep his way through his songs I was really annoyed I hadn't voted for Big Mike. While I'm a Bowersox fan I have a feeling that Lee will win, but if neither one of them do any better than this week's bore fest I won't care one way or the other.
  4. Lost is SUCH an entertaining story. I've only watched last week's episode, but it was a doozey. I really hope that the creators and writers come up with a great ending. I didn't watch this show until two years ago when I caught up with it online. Holy cow! What fun!
  5. Modern Family and The Middle bring our family together on the couch. More happiness in an hour that leaves us all feeling great before we retire for the night. I want to live in Modern Family's family. It's a tough call between them and the Brothers & Sisters family...which I'm two episodes behind in so I can't blog about that...more after I caught up.

1 comment:

Susan said...

LOVE "the Middle and Modern Family" ... I want to live with the Heck family!!!!