Monday, May 24, 2010

Just a few things...Monday

Not having anything better to blog about this week and after going through my pictures, I decided to give a daily happening here in our household.

Monday


Haircuts- I go without fail every 6 weeks for a trim, that is if I remember to call for an appointment. Used to be the girls would whine if I drug them to get their hair trimmed. "I like my hair!" "My hair is fine. It doesn't need to be cut."

Lately though they have been the ones telling me they need their hair cut. I think it has to do with the dead/split ends discovered after a really long time between cuts. And the fact that due to time factors it isn't so easy to get them to the salon.

Madison doesn't want any changes to her locks. She likes her hair the way it is and other than getting it trimmed it hasn't changed in years. Darcy, on the other hand, loves to experiment with her hair. I think this has to do with the fact that she never even had hair until she was well past the age of two.






A few years ago she told me she wanted to cut her hair short. She wanted a little bob like her friend had just gotten, but because her hair is curly the beautician explained that she couldn't carry that look off. So Darcy opted to cut her hair a tad past her ears. She wore it with a headband and it was quite adorable.

Then she began playing competitive soccer and the hair was constantly tied in a ponytail. So a few months ago she decided she needed layers.

Everyone liked this look because it brought back so much of the curl that she had sort of lost in the first cutting. But once again she took to wearing it with a headband and a ponytail.

This last trip she told Isabel, our beautician, that she wanted to grow out her layers and then grow out her hair again. Isabel suggested cutting her hair to one of the shorter layers in the back so that she wouldn't be waiting so long for the layers to grow out.


Behold her new cut, which is the old cut before layers. Wonder how long she will grow it out this time?

No comments: