Tuesday, January 11, 2011

5 things I'm pondering...

  • How much I'm hooked on Twitter - My friend made me try Twitter two years ago.  My husband agreed we should embrace the social networking community.  I joined and had to play via my computer.  Most of the time I forgot.  I only had two followers and neither one of them posted.  The friend that got me started quit.  My husband rarely posted.  I enjoyed Facebook more.  Then my brother got involved.  He was/is obsessed.  He kept on me about my postings.  I made an effort of checking in daily, mostly to read his tweets.  Then I got the IPhone which allowed me to tweet via the phone.  Now I'm hooked.  I follow all of the Pittsburgh Steelers who tweet, and I feel like I know them all now.  They post pictures of themselves and their families and they tweet little funnies.  I've now become one of those phone hogs that run around tweeting every little happening.  I only have six followers, but I feel sure the world is all reading me.  Follow me:  cmkerwin
  • How we can have so many computers, yet mine is the one everyone wants - We started out with one computer in our house.  Madison played games on it when she turned two because Tom felt it a necessary learning tool.  He then brought a computer home to use for work.  Then we upgraded the first one and he built Madison a computer with the leftovers.  Eventually there was more upgrading and more rebuilding and Darcy had a computer.  Then came Maddy's laptop for school.  Then Darcy's computer died and she got a laptop.  Everyone in the family has a computer and we even have one leftover if Elliot ever feels the need to check out dog sites.  Yet when it comes to homework my computer is the one that is used.  I have two screens so it is a breeze to look up information in different windows, viewing it all at the same time.  I also have the photo printer hooked to my computer and so the girls claim they need that to finish projects.  They have a father that could hook all the computers up to my printer, but it just easier for everyone to use my computer.  This past weekend to blog I had to sit on the couch with Darcy's laptop which sounds great, but because the battery was almost dead I had to sit on the couch sideways so the plug could reach the one outlet that it fit into.  Sitting sideways made me have to turn my head to the right to watch football.  This is my bad side to turn and now I have neck pain and am contemplating how to hide my computer.
  • Why I can't figure out how to change the background on my blog - I need to take a class or something on learning how to write code, or whatever CSS is considered.  I thought when blogger added some new templates I would be satisfied, but they only added a few.  I would like to change things up every month or so for a different look, and while I like the cutest blog on the block I need something simpler.  Yet, despite following the help information, I can't seem to grasp how to make it all work.  Hubby help?  Not sure I can stand silently by while he lectures.
  • Why Band-aid companies can't make it easier to get to the band-aid - Seriously?  If you cut your finger or hand then you only have one hand to unwrap these tiny little packages and most of them don't even have helpful tabs to pull.  Drives me batty.
  • How much I'm enjoying being the pack leader - My introduction to Cesar Millan has me motivated to get my dog in line.  I'm exiting the house first every day, although he really should address how to do this when also trying to lock and shut the door behind us.  My "psst" has become more of a snake-like "ssst", and at first Elliot wondered if I had a speech impediment, but I'm standing tall and solid and using the sound when he does something I don't like such as bite my Steelers pajama pants each night as I walk past him.  I'm trying to get the rest of the house to follow along, but that hasn't been so easy so I've taken to "sss" them as well.

No comments: