Saturday, January 08, 2011

Playoff picks

  • New Orlean Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - I'm going with Drew Brees and company in this game.  The Seahawks have that losing record and Matt Hasselback has been plagued with injuries.  Brees has the playoff experience, but Pete Carroll has a way of firing up his team.  I'm just not sure they are listening.  I don't particularly care about his won; however, and anything can happen.
  • New York Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts -  As much as I would like to see the Colts win, I'm going with the Jets.  Just like Carroll, Rex Ryan has a way with the words and he fires up that team every time they think they can't win.  He will have been firing on all cylinders all week long in that locker room.  Peyton has the playoff experience, but his team is limping behind him with injuries.  They are a team that could use some firing up, but Jim Caldwell doesn't seem like that sort of guy.  Peyton can't do it all.  I would rather play the Colts; however, and see the Ravens take on the Patriots so I'll be pulling for Manning and company.
  • Baltimore Ravens vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Don't believe that the Chiefs' offensive can get away from the Ravens' defense so I'm picking the Ravens.  Harbough has done a great job with this team the last few years, and having played them twice a year, they scare the hell out of me.  Don't want to play them again this year so I'm rooting for the Chiefs, but don't see it happening.
  • Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles - This should be the best game of the bunch.  I'm thinking it will be a close one with the Eagles squeaking it out, but with the Eagles you never know who will show up.  Both quarterbacks are superb and the Packers are going to have stop Vick's running game if they have a hope.  I'm pulling for the Packers because my friend's son is the President of the team and I dislike the Eagles fans (excluding two of my friends, of course).

No comments: