Sunday, January 02, 2011

Connie photo #1 of the new year

The visit to the foot doctor wasn't the best one we have had.  I wasn't there at last week's appointment, as Rusty took over that week, but this week the foot had developed a nasty callous from too much pressure.  He asked if she was walking barefoot, to which she replied, "No," and I kept my mouth shut about finding her doing that same thing last week.  He pulled out his handy cutting tool and went to work right where Madison and I could view his work.  Ugh!

All thoughts of getting into the field of podiatry went right out the window for me, which I mentioned aloud.  The Foot God, as I shall now refer to him, found this amusing (as much as the man can show emotion...he is very focused on his task) and asked if it were a consideration for me.  I scoffed and said, "For my children.  My career days are gone and my job is to focus on getting my children into wealthy careers."  (I'm kidding of course)

His assistant redressed the wound, built up her shoe with more padding, and he rewrote orders for the home health nurse.  She is suppose to keep off the foot as much as possible, but we all know she will do what she wants.

She is still in control of her mind.

No comments: