Thursday, January 06, 2011

Working the offense with some defense

Since it was announced that the Steelers are playing in the playoffs on Saturday, January 15th at 4:30 PM I have had the following events scheduled for that same day:
  • A 3:00 PM airport run to pick up friend returning from Indianapolis, IN
  • A 4:00 soccer game, which was already on the schedule, but we always play before 1:00 PM.
  • New cable installation, which was scheduled for yesterday, but because of a phone glitch (way too complicated to explain here) was re-scheduled.
I have handled it all, of course, with grace and patience. 
  • I told the friend if her plane is on time I shall be there, but she will be accompanying me to my Steelers buddy's house to watch the game as I didn't have time to take her home.  If her plane is late, she will have to take the limo home or sit in the airport bar until after the game.
  • I informed my children that I would be missing their soccer game on that day and so would they if their father had other plans and couldn't take them.  I informed father he was taking kids to soccer game.
  • I told the cable guy that the 15th was not a good day for cable installation.  He informed me that due to the telephone glitch (way too complicated to explain here) it had to be done on the 15th, but that he would be here bright and early and before my Steelers game.  He called and scheduled it for 8:00 - 10:00 AM.
Go Steelers!

No comments: