Saturday, January 15, 2011

Playoff Picks

Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers - I never go against my boys, no matter what, but I know this is going to be a tough and rough game.  I never wanted to play the Ravens from the get-go because they are bruisers and sore losers.  They will want this win.  Question is will the Steelers want it more?  My boys have tweeted great stuff over the past two weeks and have avoided the trash talk the Ravens have been spewing (John Harbaugh lost my respect with his comment about being glad that the Ravens broke Ben Roethlisberger's nose.).  The defense has got to get in Joe Flacco's face and through him off his game.  My buddy, Scott, says no worries that Big Ben will win it for us.  I gotta go with my buddy and Steeler Nation.  Steelers win!

Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons - I haven't seen much of the Packers over the course of the season, but I have watched the Falcons and like what I see.  They have shown they can win even when down by several touchdowns.  The will and want is there.  They have something to prove, but so does Packers' quarterback Aaron Rogers who was picked over Brett Favre two seasons ago to lead this team.  I think it will be an interesting game, but I'm betting the Falcons pull out the win.

Seattle Seahawks vs. Chicago Bears - This one will come down to which quarterback is more pissed off with the life he has been living in the NFL.  Seahawks quarterback, Matt Hasselback, is annoyed with his treatment this season and Bears quarterback, good-ole-Indiana-boy Jay Cutler, feels the league owes him.  Who can out throw whom?  Both quarterbacks are erratic and a good defensive can get to them.  Hasselback has the experience and Jay Cutler has the arm.  I'd like to see Lovie Smith do well, but Pete Carroll is a force.  This could be a down to the wire game, and I haven't a clue who to pick.  The Seahawks are the underdogs in these playoffs so they have something to prove.  Tough one....uh.....hmmmm...Bears.

New York Jets vs. New England Patroits - Well, well, here we go again with two teams that despise each other.  Jets coach Rex Ryan is mouthing off again and trying to fire up his players, but who can forget that 45 to 3 beating the Patroits put on the Jets in the last game of the regular season?  Patriots coach, Bill Belichick, not one of my favorite people, hasn't said a word and has refused to engage in a war of words which I respect.  He will, however, take it out on the Jets on the field.  Brady, not saying a word, despite being called names by Jets Antonio Cromartie that can't be printed, will also speak on the field.  Neither one of them won't be happy.  I'm picking the Patroits.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I sure wish I gave a rat's turd about football because this post would have been a lot more interesting! :) Loved the Christmas card and foot photo post though!! :))