Friday, November 11, 2011

Connie Foot Photo #40

This visit was the follow up to the Integra Graft surgery she had on Friday.  She did well to stay off her foot, despite having to climb up and down the fifteen stairs to her condo.  The bandage was humongous, although Connie was quick to point out it had been redone by herself as the original was a crappy job.

This is what it looked like before he removed the outer shell.  I explained to him that I had watched an entire video and read all about the procedure, and that when I got to the end it told me to fill out a form to be certified.

Me:  "So I'm now qualified to perform this surgery, and...I HAVE THE SCRUBS to do it!"
Foot God: (laughing) "Good because I'm not certified."
Me:  "I'm ready when you need me."

This is the photo of the graft itself stapled to Connie's foot, doing its job of building and replenishing cells.  Go cells go! Give me a "C"! Give me an "E"!  Give me a double "L"!  Cell! Cell! Cell!  Work, work, work!
Then Connie told the Foot God how to wrap her foot the correct way, and he tried arguing with her in his nonchalant way, and then he did what she told him...or made her think he did.  The two of them pretty much have each other figured out by now. 

She returns on Monday as he doesn't want anyone else touching it.

Connie:  "Well, I'll probably have to touch it as your last job was so bad I don't have high hopes for this wrapping job either."
Foot God:  "Okay, you can touch it to fix my poor wrapping job, but no one else."

No comments: