Monday, August 13, 2012

Just because they are old...

While at my Aunt Lorene's house this past visit I decided to run her vacuum cleaner to pick up the pieces of flaked coconut and other droppings that had occurred during her pie baking with Madison.  The vacuum was not where it use to be and upon questioning I learned that her boys had taken her vacuum away so that she wouldn't be tempted to use it (a typical guy thought...women know that we aren't tempted at all by vacuums).  So I later asked my cousin about the vacuum and he muttered something about it being at the house, and I muttered something about using it, and then suddenly  there appeared a vacuum cleaner in the kitchen.

Excited I plugged it in, unwound the cord, swept out the flakes from areas that the vacuum wouldn't reach, and I turned it on.  Nothing.  I moved the plug and turned it on.  Nothing.  Kelly came into the room and I explained my problem.  She looked at the vacuum.  She looked at me.

Kelly:  "What about that vacuum cleaner when you looked at it said this is a cleaning machine?  Seriously?"


Hmpf.  It was a Kirby after all.  But I snickered at her commen,t and later while everyone was off doing something else, I ventured down into Aunt Lorene's basement (a treasure chest if there ever was) and I returned with this vacuum.


Kelly:  "Well, it is an improvement, but just barely."

I plugged it in and tried it first before unwinding the cord.  It worked.  I smugly vacuumed Aunt Lorene's kitchen, and then just to be cocky, I vacuumed the living room where everyone was sitting.

Me:  "Eureka!"

No comments: