Wednesday, September 19, 2012

5 random photos

1. 

Which one doesn't belong with the others?  I speculated quite some time about how this bird got its red wings like falling in paint and eating something that didn't agree, but then Darcy's classmate got into my car and told me it was a roseate spoonbill.  My bad.



2.
Darcy had two friends over to camp.  Because we didn't have a tent and because I wasn't comfortable with them in the front yard alone Tom and the girls set up this makeshift tent for camping in the backyard poll deck.  They had a fan to cool them down and cooler with water.  I jokingly asked if anyone was a sleepwalker.  Imagine my horror when one girl admitted she did.  We tucked her on the side so she didn't walk into the pool, but I didn't sleep much that night and neither did Elliot.


3.

I put this out on the counter unopened to see which of us is the boss.  So far it is still sitting on the counter unopened.  Apparently I'm not raising any leaders and Tom and I are content to rule from the background.

4.

My car was parked under our oak tree and as I walked toward it this little woodpecker was going to town on the tree.  He is smack in the middle of the photo, but I couldn't get any closer without climbing the tree and I'm afraid of heights.


Saturday was spent running important errands and making important purchases such as this one for Kelly's car.  Her steering wheel was beginning to peel, a hazard here in the Florida sun, and so she needed a cover.  She opted for the tan one instead of the pink fuzzy one, which I thought would have brought out the funk in her personality.  We had some time attaching the thing, but we managed to get it on...and I was not wearing my black, beaded car repair shirt.


No comments: