Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday football picks & more - Week #3

Last week - 8 - 8
Overall - 16 - 16 - Hmmmm....not such a good start as usual

Chicago over St. Louis - Jay Cutler is very washy washy, but I'm pulling for him here.

Buffalo over Cleveland - I'm just annoyed that the Browns didn't do it last week. Watch them do it thins week and the Bills fall apart. Then I'll really be pissed.

Dallas over Tampa Bay - Tony Romo is smokin' right now and I don't anticipate that the Bucs will give him any trouble, but then again the Bucs are wispy washy as well.

Detroit over Tennessee - The Lions will prevail.

Indianapolis over Jacksonville - Andrew Luck is still finding his way, but the Jaguars won't be his downfall this week.

Jets over the Dolphins - No one on the Jets team wants to see Rex Ryan burst a vessel if they lose two in a row so Miami better be ready.

San Francisco over Minnesota - The 49ers led by the other Harbaugh coach are just,plain tough and the Vikings aren't. Simple as that.

New Orleans over Kansas City - The Chiefs are in trouble and while the Saints aren't exactly spotless they have something to prove.

Washington over Cincinnati - I just can't go against RGIII.

Arizona over Philedelphia - This is my wild card. I like former Steelers Ken Whisenhunt and what he has done in Arizona. While it won't be easy I think they will stump Michael Vick.

Atlanta over San Diego - The Falcons are a interesting team right now and the Chargers are always falling down about now so I'm going with Atlanta.

Houston over Denver - Kelly defers to my picking expertise, but she doesn't like when I go against Peyton, but the Texans are one of the best teams right now. this was a tough one, but until Manning gets this team in order I think they are beatable.

Pittsburgh over Oakland - No Harrison and Polamalu, but I'm hoping the team that comes to play is the one that kicked butt last week.

Baltimore over New England - This is the gimme this week as each team is coming off a loss. Usually I'd go with Brady in this situation, but the Ravens are hungry, nasty, and not wanting to be too far behind the Steelers. I will be rooting, however, for New England and I can't stand them either.

Green Bay over Seattle - I really don't know much about the Seahawks. I guess I'll have to study them Monday night, but until I do I'm betting on the ones I do know and that's the Packers.

Tampa Bay Rays - Will they or won't they? One day we believe and the next day we give up, and then the next day they prove us wrong. Which group will emerge here in the end?

Notre Dame - I bet against them darn it. I need Regis to set me straight each week.

Greg Schiano - He certainly has caused a commotion in his second week as a professional coach. What will he do this week? Did the Glazer's chat with him about how things run in the NFL? Will other,players want to show him how things are done in the NFL by coming after Josh Freeman or by passing, passing, passing? I read an article that his is a blankety blank pompous ass but the bottom line for Tampa Bay is can he win?

No comments: