Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday picks and other sports news - Week #2

Last week - 8 - 8
Total so far: 8-8

Buffalo over Kansas City -  This one was a wash for me so I went with the team I thought would do better last week.

Cleveland over Cincinnati - This is my wildcard game.  But I'll admit I didn't watch either Monday night game due to a meeting, a high school volleyball game, the men's US Open, and a headache so I don't know how good the Bengals might be.

Indianapolis over Minnesota - I think Andrew Luck wins this week at home.

Oakland over Miami - Miami could win at home, but unlikely.

New England over Arizona - I almost went the other way for my wildcard, but I got a grip and followed the line.

Giants over the Buccaneers - Tampa usually starts going downhill about now and the Giants aren't going to want to lose to this team and be 0 - 2.

Baltimore over Philadelphia - I hope Michael Vick kicks the Raven's beaks, but I highly doubt it after his four picks last week.  The Ravens have fire and the Harbaugh boys are itching to play one another in the big Bowl.

New Orleans over Carolina - Another tough one, but the Saints almost pulled it out last week so I'm going with the veteran QB over the second year one.

Houston over Jacksonville - The Texans are going to be another great team this year and the Jags aren't.

Washington over St. Louis - I'm a believer in RGIII now and the Rams are well, the Rams.

Dallas over Seattle - It isn't time yet for Romo to start loosing it.

Pittsburgh over the Jets - I don't want to hear from my Jets loving buddy or Darcy's football Jets loving coach so the Steelers better want to save face and not be winless.

San Diego over Tennessee - Here come the Chargers.

San Francisco over Detroit - Read my previous entry regarding the Harbaugh brothers.  This is one of those teams with one of those brothers.

Denver over Atlanta - This should be a good game, but I'm betting on Peyton because well, he's Peyton with or without a year off.

NCAA Football - I have to make a few picks in this area because of the pool that I'm in with Kelly.  For some reason it can't just be a pool of college games or a pool of NFL games, but a combo of all the NFL games and a handful of the college games.  It is one of the oddest set ups I've ever been a part of, but because that is the way it is, I have gotten to pay attention to NCAA football.  Most of the time I'm not that good, but last year I studied and wasn't bad so I'm anticipating a good year this year.  Although the person in charge does tend to pick weird games.  Anyway....I have watched college football the past three Saturdays for heaven's sake which either means I need more of a life or I'm going to need some bookie intervention.

US Open - I missed both games.  Due to weather and delays the games were pushed back a day and played at odd times due to the other sports already scheduled on television.  Sunday is football for me, although I kept reminding myself to watch Serena at 4:30 pm.  Yeah.  I watched football instead.  I have the NFL Network now due to a switch in cable companies and they have an awesome game center on Sundays.  I was hooked.  On Monday I had a meeting and after the meeting I ran down the hall to the gym to watch some of Maddy's friends play in their first volleyball match of the season.  In the middle of the second set I checked the score of the tennis, saw that it was in the 5th set, and ran home to watch it.  I got there in time to see the trophies being handed out.  Sigh.  Next year.



No comments: