Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday NFL football picks and more - Week 8

Last Week - 10 - 3
Overall - 61- 44

Pittsburgh over Washington - I don't go against my boys, but this game is a worry for me. I'm excited to see RGIII in action, but our defense is going to have to come out more than ready to play. We are at home and it is a 1:00 game and we usually play well at that time. Don't know if the coming storm will affect games tomorrow or not, but Pittsburgh isn't far from the brunt of it. Looking forward to this game.

Chicago over Carolina - I almost went with Cam Newton in this game. His press conference last week made me think he would fire up this team, and maybe the firing of general manager Marty Hurney will help things in the organization, but I chickened out. Cutler and company are playing well  And I'm not sure the Panthers can overturn that.

San Diego over Cleveland - I know people are talking about the Browns and how well they are playing, but they won't beat the Chargers who will "stick it to 'me". Hee Hee couldn't resist.

Seattle over Detroit - This week I'm picking the Seahawks so the defense better be theer and Russell Wilson better kick some Lion butt.

Green Bay over Jacksonville - This was a no brainer. Poor Jags.

Tennessee over Indianapolis - The Titans are on a roll. This was another match up that I contemplated going with the other team, but Matt Hassellbeck has worked hard at keeping his job. if Loker is still out and Hassellbeck is at the helm I see the Titans winning this week.

New England over St. Louis - I don't see Brady losing this week. Not to this team.

Jets over the Dolphins - The Jets are still a mess, but they have showed something the past two weeks. Last week's lost won't be sitting will with coach Rex Ryan so he'll have the locker room wanting to win to shut him up.

Atlanta over Philadelphia - Hmmm....sports guys are thinking the Eagles have what it takes this week to hand the unbeaten Falcons their first loss of the season, but I think Andy Reid's job is looking good to recently ousted Browns President Mike Holmgren. The Eagles locker room is sounding more and more like the Jets each week and Reid probably needs to take some time away from football to deal with his personal stuff. The Falcons will be beat, and maybe Philadelphia will do it, but I'm going to stay with Matt Ryan.

Oakland over Kansas City - I didn't hear about Chiefs Brady Quinn taking over the QB position until after I made my picks so this is probably not going to go my way. New blood always excites a losing team and the Raiders are so up, down, and over that you don't know who is showing up each week. But I picked them so I can't change now.

New York Giants over Dallas - Eli showed RGIII what veteran quarterbacks can do last week. He isn't going to let Tony Romo beat him twice this year. No way.

Denver over anew Orleans - This will be another passing game between the two quarterbacks. Manning had a week off so I'm going with him.

San Francisco over Arizona - The battle in the west. The Cardinals are struggling right now. The 49ers aren't scoring so well. This could be a good game for Monday night, but I'm thinking San Fran will run away with it.

Marcus Lattimore - How horrible was that leg injury for the South Carolina running back in the college game against Tennessee? His body went one way and his leg the other way. Still no word on how bad the injury is, but it was so great to see both teams spill out on to the field to show support and respect for a guy who just returned from a torn ACL. Sports get some bad raps, but there are good things that occur and this was one of them.

Hurricane - The bounty talks were postponed due to the is-it or isn't-it hurricane expected to hit the east coast on Monday. Glad to see they can come to some kind of decision in this bounty issue.

World Series - Well last year's was exciting, but this one is only exciting to Giant fans. They are running away with a 3-0 lead and the Detroit Tigers are left standing in the batters' box wondering what went wrong.

No comments: