Friday, October 05, 2012

Whine, whine, whine


  • Why does the buzzer on my dryer keep buzzing? I usually never have it on but when Tom repaired the dryer I flipped it on to try it out thinking it would remind me I had laundry in the garage. It runs, buzzes, runs some more, buzzes again and KEEPS ON GOING ON THAT CYCLE. Does the damn thing know me or what? I find myself shouting at it from inside the house, "Ok, I heard you already, and guess what? I don't give a damn if you want someone to fold you!"
  • Tom and I switched cars three weeks ago so that he could understand better what my car is doing since my explanation, "The car stalls when idling." isn't clear enough. Guess what? The van has worked like a charm ever since he took over driving it. "Well, what the hell are you doing wrong?" is what my male neighbor asked me when he heard.  He was smart enough to be walking away from me at the time.
  • I had three keratosis spots frozen off of my arms and one biopsied from the center of my chest below my neck, which turned out to also be a keratosis. The three frozen spots on my arms bubbled up to the size of nickels so that I looked like a leper. One lasted three days before I scraped it against a door frame, one broke five days later while I was scratching around it, and of course one is still bubbly and full of gook. The one on my chest now has to be scraped some more and frozen too. Because that won't be noticeable. Better than cancer though, so I'm only whining a tad.
  • Our air conditioner broke last Friday and it got up to 86 degrees in my house before the repairman showed at 3:00 PM.  I'm a fat girl.  I need air.  The repairman was a skinny little thing who smoked nonstop while he was working and only had one speed, which was zippy fast.  At one point he asked me to show him something in the house and when I didn't move quickly enough he practically shoved me telling me the faster I hurried the less money I would spend.  I watched him while he worked and noticed that he was replacing my one broken part with two parts, one of which looked used.  Upon questioning he eyeballed me sternly, told me he didn't have the part I needed, was doing what he could, and did I want to spend the next three days without air.  I admit I was intimidated.  I don't handle these situations well because I don't know enough about electrical gadgets to ask questions.  I asked some more questions and got that the two parts he was using added up to the one part that was broken and since he got my air back on I let him go with my check in hand.  This is one of those things better left to the electrical engineering degree husband.  After all the unit is outside and falls under his category.
  • I'm getting tired of the whole election and these two ding dong choices we have.  I'm tired of all the tweeting.  I'm tired of all the arguing on facebook and all the put downs on both candidates that I receive in my email box.  I'm tired of all the phone calls from my party and I'm tired of people knocking on my door.  I'm also tired of telling everyone who calls and knocks on my door that I like going to the polls to vote and do not want an absentee ballot.  How hard is that to understand?  I think this country is going to hell in a hand basket and that both candidates and both parties have forgotten what this country was built on and why the founding fathers left their country in the first place.  If there were more land to discover and I wasn't so afraid of bugs and no air I might just have to set out to explore and start my own new country.

No comments: