Sunday, October 20, 2013

Football picks - Week 7

Last week - 10-5
Overall - 56-37

Seattle over Arizona - The Seahawks won't lose this week.

Atlanta over Tampa Bay - Sigh.  Tampa, Tampa, Tampa.  Falling apart more and more each week.  Do I believe they will never win?  No.  They could win this week, but I'd give them more of a shot if it was a home game.  Since it isn't I'm going with the Falcons.

Cincinnati over Detroit - Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer to think I more like the guys on the Fox show where they pick the upset of the week.  This is my upset.

Miami over Buffalo - The Dolphins had a week off.  You should win after a week off.

New England over the Jets - When Peyton Manning gets hot then Tom Brady has to match it.  He doesn't want Manning upstaging him.  Losing to the Jets is certainly not in the cards.

Dallas over Philadelphia - The Cowboys are the better team.

Chicago over Washington - I'm not sure what is happening with the Redskins.  Maybe the name change petition is getting to them, and maybe Jay Cutler will have one of his off days while he is visiting.  Either way I took the Bears.

Carolina over St. Louis - When I wasn't looking these teams ramped it up.  I'm going with Newton over the oldtimer who just might prove me wrong.

San Diego over Jacksonville - When dealing with the Chargers it is always up in the air week to week.  They are a good team, but more often then not they fall apart when you least expect it.  Fans hope they don't give the Jags their first win of the season.

San Francisco over Tennessee - Jeez, the Titans are another team that is rolling along when it wasn't expected while the Niners are limping along which wasn't expected.  I just think the youngster at quarterback will pull them over the Titans this week.

Green Bay over Cleveland - Ah, the game of which one which one.  My gut is now saying the Browns, but I already picked the Packers so I'm stuck.  Packers are at home and the Browns are wishy washy lately so I think I just went with the majority.  Won't be surprised if the Browns whip them though.

Kansas City over Houston - Can the Texans really lose again this week?  Five in a row?  Can the Chiefs really win again this week?  Seven in row?  I'm taking the winning team because...well, because.

Pittsburgh over Baltimore - Really?  That's what my bookie asked me when I gave her my score.  Yes, and I believe in Santa Claus too.  That's what I said back.

Denver over Indianapolis - Peyton Manning comes back with no losses this season on his record.  Is this the  moment when that will end?  Will his replacement and another coach be his undoing?  I'm sentimental.  I understand the Colts thinking in the releasing of Manning, but I didn't like it.  I'm old and I don't like this mentality of out with the old and in with the new.  Might be because I'm not a team owner.  This will be a good game.  I'm rooting for Peyton.  And keeping my fingers crossed.

New York Giants over Minnesota - I made this pick before I knew the Ex-Bucs quarterback, Josh Freeman, he of I-have-a-hell-of-a-lot-to-prove, would be the starter.  Even after my bookie informed me I went with Eli and company.  Crazy?  Hey, I picked the Steelers to beat the Ravens.  Of course, I am!





No comments: