Sunday, October 06, 2013

NFL picks - week 5

Last Week - 11 - 4
Overall - 38 - 26

  • Cleveland over Buffalo - Darn those Bills.  Still not picking them. 
  • New Orleans over Chicago - Yeah, I haven't jumped on that Bears bandwagon as of yet. 
  • New England over Cincinnati - The Bengals were suppose to be the team this year.  So far, not so much.  New England keeps getting slammed for receiver issues, yet all I see are W's in the Win column.  I'm going with Brady and Co.
  • Green Bay over Detroit - I expect a good game here.  Unless the Packers, at home, off a bye, come out and run all over the leading Lions.
  • Kansas City over Tennessee - I'm thinking I should be taking a closer look at these Chiefs.  The Titans don't stand a chance.
  • Seattle over Indianapolis - The Seahawks, Russell Wilson, and those rad uniforms are killing it each week.  I know they are traveling far this week, but I don't expect little Luck to stop these guys. 
  • St. Louis over Jacksonville - I almost picked the Jags, but then I came to my senses. 
  • Baltimore over Miami - I know I keep saying to keep an eye on the Dolphins, but the Ravens are the defending champs and I just went with a feeling. 
  • Philadelphia over Giants - Hmmm... Surely these 0-4 teams will win at some point, but Eli is getting mauled out there on the field.  Michael Vick is pissed at his losses.  I just think the Eagles will win. 
  • Carolina over Arizona - My game where I was undecided.  Arizona is too unsteady and the Panthers seem to be be getting it together so I went with Cam Newton. 
  • Denver over Dallas - Same for these 4-0 teams, but Manning is hot, and I'm enamored with the quarterback so I say Peyton has another good game. 
  • Houston over San Francisco - The Texans are coming off of two losses.  The 49er's QB Kaepernick is struggling.  Texans will be more fired up for a win this week. 
  • San Diego over Oakland - So, the Raiders might be better next week if they take ex-Buc quarterback Josh Freeman, but this week they won't get past a smokin' Phillip Rivers.  The game is set to play tonight well past my bed time due to a turning over of the field from MLB to NFL.  If the Raiders were playing a team from the East Coast they might have a shot, but the Chargers are on the same coast so the time difference won't be an issue. 
  • Atlanta over Jets - Oh, the quarterbacks that scored big checks this season!  Atlanta doesn't feel Matt Ryan is earning his, but surely he won't let the Jets get the best of him this week.

No comments: