Sunday, October 13, 2013

NFL football picks - week 6

Last Week - 8-6
Overall - 46-32

Chicago over Giants - Not feeling New York.
Cincinnati over Buffalo - I think the Bengals are the better team despite the Bills playing some decent football...when they feel like it.
Detroit over Cleveland - First I had the Browns then I changed it back to the Lions so this is my game of indecision.  The Lions got pummeled last week, but I think they went back to the drawing board this week and will come out with a strong defense and running game that the Browns won't be able to stop.
Kansas City over Oakland - I suppose I should be taking a more in depth look at these Raiders as they seem to lose games only by a few points, and last week beat they beat a decent team.  If they win this week against a great team I will rethink their position.
Minnesota over Carolina - The Vikings are coming off of a vacation overseas, a win, and a bye week.  Plus,  Adrian Peterson is playing despite the murder of his two year old son and players always have the game of their life in these situations despite the shaking of heads by the public.
Pittsburgh over the Jets - Because I still have hope?
Tampa Bay over Philadelphia - Yep.  I make these picks on Wednesday and obviously I did not have my coffee that morning.  What was I thinking?   I have no answer.
Green Bay over Baltimore - The Packers aren't playing pretty, but then again neither are the Ravens.  Sometimes I wonder if I just pick against Baltimore because I dislike them so.
Houston over St. Louis - The Texans have got to step up today if they want to shut the critics.  Are they the team everyone thought they were at day one or are they the team everyone sees now at week six?  I think the latter, but today's game will decide.
Denver over Jacksonville - These games always make me nervous because sometimes teams let down their guard against the sad team (hear me Jets?).   I don't see coach Manning letting his team do that, do you?
Seattle over Tennessee - The Titans have become way better then when I first saw them play against the Steelers so this won't be an easy game for the Seahawks.  But CenturyLink Field is a hard one to play in when the fans get rowdy, and they will.
New Orleans over New England - Brady pulled it out last week, but the Saints are marching along in the NFL.  Should be a good game. 
San Francisco over Arizona - I went with the home team.
Dallas over Washington -  In games like these Romo either plays really well or really awful.  Last week he played the best he has ever played and lost it on an interception.  I think he wants to repair that damage this week.
Indianapolis over San Diego - Well, this is certainly an up in the air pick for me because the Chargers are always really, really good or not.  They are at home this week, coming off of a loss to a mediocre team and still I went with the Colts.  Who the hell knows why?

No comments: