Monday, August 18, 2014

2014-2015 Back to school


I blinked and summer vacation was over. The girls whined about going back to school, but they were up this morning before I woke them. They were dressed and ready almost twenty minutes before the bus was due to arrive. I made them breakfast and they ate it. I do not expect this trend to continue, but I can hope.



This is what it looks like outside at the time of day they leave. The bus comes at 6:26 a.m. and school starts at 7:05. I am not a fan of this schedule as it means I must get up early, and I am not an early worm. I am a night owl. Last night we were all in our bedrooms at 10:00 p.m. Darcy was in bed trying to force herself to sleep. Tom was watching something on his Ipad with headphones. Madison was finishing up her summer homework (yes, the night before she was still doing her summer homework), and I was alternating between my Ipad and a book I'm reading. The three of us did not turn off our lights until way past 11:30 p.m. and that is not going to fly with our 5:30 a.m. wake-up call. Ah, well, baby steps...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Have a great year!!