Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Out of the mouths of my babes

A week ago I drove Darcy and her friend Sarina to some event put on by Madison's classmate. It was a Latin dance party to raise money for an organization and it was in the clubhouse of an apartment complex. We had the address and off we went, an hour late because of Darcy's swim practice. To make a long story short (yes, I know I don't usually do that) I got lost. To be fair, the address did not make sense. The complex was on a completely different road under the road it was suppose to be on. We drove and drove and drove trying to locate this place, Darcy and Sarina on their phones talking to other classmates at the party and me listening to my phone gps. We passed the road once, which entailed driving around in circles to get back because the streets were one way only. It was exhausting. I did a lot of yelling. I regretted that as soon as I dropped the girls off and headed home.

By now it was after nine o'clock at night and I still had not had dinner. I decided the hell with my good eating habits and pulled into Chick-fil-A. I ordered and when I got to the window the cashier asked how I was doing. I told her "lousy" and explained that I had been lost for the past hour and a half. She handed me back my money and told me the meal was on them tonight. I burst into tears. I cried all the way home and again when relaying the story to Tom and Madison.

Fast forward a week. Madison and I finished a meeting at school and I offered to buy her lunch. She decided on Chick-fil-A and back I went through the drive thru. I ordered three meals and drove to the window where once again I was told the meal was on them. Apparently, they liked how excited I got when I discovered that they were now serving root beer. I tried to argue with them, but they insisted. I have to say, it made me happy. As we drove off Madison and I looked at one another in awe.

Madison: "Did that just happen again?"
Me: "I can't believe it. I'm so excited. I love Chick-fil-A despite their stand on certain issues."
Madison: "You just got another free meal."
Me: "I know. I think it is a sign from God. I've been asking for a sign and I think this is it. God loves Chick-fil-A. I feel so good right now. I think things are going to be okay. I think this is a sign."

I continued driving feeling more relieved and less anxious then I had been in weeks.

Me: "What do you think God is telling me?"
Madison: "Eat 'mo chicken."

No comments: