Friday, August 22, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. The first week of school is in the bag and I only had to nap once! I'm proud of that fact over everything else because for the first three years of 5:30 a.m. wake-ups I was a wreck falling asleep at stop lights and having to take daily naps. While I was tired around the 4:00 time frame I fought through it by keeping myself hydrated, busy, and with snacks. Maddy grabbed two naps during the week and Darcy hit the sack at 8:30 p.m. two nights. Maddy actually got up all five days without argument, but I'm not expecting that to last.
  2. My blood work came back with low potassium. To help with that I was told to eat bananas, tomato sauces, and citrus. The last two are on a list of things I'm not suppose to eat do to reflux issues and bananas are not a favorite of mine. She offered me a horse pill supplement and I told her I would learn to like bananas. 
  3. The swimming season has started for Darcy. She is more aware this year of her times in events and is working hard at improving. For awhile there I thought I wasn't going to pass down that swimming gene, but looks like I was wrong. 
  4. It is so hot here that being outdoors is uncomfortable. This is our winter; the time of year we complain. Walking to the mailbox means coming back inside drenched in sweat. The dog has gotten so that he will go all day without a potty break to avoid stepping foot outside. His favorite thing to do, running around the pool had to be stopped now too because the deck has burned his feet and caused them to bleed. August is not a month for the weak. 
  5. I can't wait for our election stuff to be over with. I might actually ignore my rights as an American, something I never do. But I'm tired of all the lying and backstabbing. No one really cares. Only bright spot was the judge striking down the ban on gay marriages this week. Maybe there is hope.  

No comments: