Saturday, August 30, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. Two weeks of school at a school under construction and already my children have been evacuated for a gas leak and a fire in the cafeteria. Of course, the students were just happy to get out of class!
  2. My friend found some Doggie Ice Cream at our grocery. Elliot loves it. If you come near him while he is licking it he will pick the container up and run. Darcy almost ate it by accident. I'm sure Tom will sample it.
  3. Football is around the corner! I think I shall get out my Steelers box and start the house decorating! I'm not much into preseason, but I'm thrilled that Brett Keisel is back, annoyed that the Buccaneers talked with Richie Incognito, and not surprised by Roger Goodell's lopsided dealings thus far.
  4. I know that grief and dealing with loss is different, but this week has been the toughest for some reason.
  5. Darcy took two second places in her first swim meet of the season. I didn't get to see it as it was an away meet and Maddy had another obligation that I had to drive her to, but she said it wasn't bad for being out of shape.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm back...