Saturday, August 02, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. I have two friends going through serious health issues right now, waiting on test results. It feels odd vacationing when I know they are suffering and stressing about their health. I think of them every moment of every day and pray that their results come back with good news for both. We spend so much of our youth carefree, thinking that these types of things happen to other people and not to us. Then reality hits and suddenly worlds are turned upside down. Yet life ticks on, people going about their day unbeknownst to the horrors that others face. Sometimes it is just too much to handle, yet we must. Please add my friends in your prayers.
  2. Outside the resort where I am staying, just a tad of the way down from the entrance, the body of an unidentified female was discovered yesterday by a groundskeeper. It is suspected that it is the body of a missing sixteen year old girl from this area. To think that we drove past the area where this poor child lay decaying is unthinkable. My heart hurts for the family. And then I am suppose to turn back into the resort and carry on with my vacation? Clouds are hovering everywhere. Again...life.
  3. I haven't seen the movie that bashes Sea World, but I did visit the park yesterday, the first time in over twenty years. We have passes that were included in our Tampa parks pass and since we were over here my daughter insisted we go. We were smart and went later in the day and stayed until the park closed. These attractions do know how to entertain, but at what price? 
  4. School starts in two weeks. We are not ready mentally. We did do some school shopping while over here this week. But summer homework? That is still to be done...
  5. I have wondered all week long. What did people use before Kleenex and handkerchiefs?

No comments: