Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Difference between man and woman


We were heading over the river and through the woods when we came to a red stoplight. He stopped and we both waited and watched as a dark haired woman jaywalked right in front of our car. She was headed to the Walgreens to our right and she carried several bags of recycled material and wore a large sun hat tilted at an angle where the sun would reach her face. I examined her weather beaten face as she peered around our vehicle before crossing. Her face was grotesquely made up with thick, black liner circling her eyelids and eyes and coming together in a point at the corner. At the corners the eyeliner had been used to draw some sort of symbol that resembled a star, but wasn't quite as pointy. I wondered as she passed by what sort of statement she was making or if she had slept in that face. It was so strange, I thought the way people were so different.

Tom: "Yep, those suckers were fake."

Me: "What?"

Tom: "That woman. Those boobs were way too big to be real. Those suckers were as fake as could be."

Me: "I didn't even notice her chest."

Tom: "What? How could you not notice those things? They were bulging out in front of her for the whole world to see. They were gigantic. And fake. You had to have noticed that."

Me: "I guess I was focused on something else."

Tom: "I don't know how you could have missed those suckers. They had to be fake."

And we continued on to grandmother's house each of us looking at a vastly different landscape.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOL! This sounds like a conversation between my husband and I. How do we see things so different? So funny!